I’ve always believed it was Dear Abby or Ann Landers who first said this.
To assume makes an ass out of u and me.
However, not wanting to give credit to one twin or the other – assuming nothing – I did a quick Google – and now – turns out – perhaps – Oscar Wilde came up with this gem.
What do you assume?
While you’re pondering.
Let’s take a look at a few things that I assume.
And even better put. How about I list the things that I’m going to stop assuming.
What I won’t assume any longer:
1) That what you say is what you mean.
2) That you care how my butt looks in these shorts/skirt/jeans/yoga pants
3) That what arises in my thoughts is true.
4) That what arises in my thoughts needs attention.
5) That what I see is real.
6) That it matters because I’m right.
7) That sometimes my best is not good enough.
8) That I should because…
9) That this is the way things are.
10) That I should list 10 assumptions.